I Recently started using Indian Railways online ticket booking service ie IRCTC (Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation Ltd.), and Is good in terms of ticket booking and more fast to check train status and PNR status compared to INDIAN RAILWAYS PASSENGER RESERVATION ENQUIRY, or indianrail.gov.in (which now comes with full of ADDS..). indian railway, indian railways, indian rail, irtc, indianrail.
Still one can get updates on mobile Dial 139 from your landline, mobile & CDMA phones for railway enquiries Railway SMS Enquiry Numbers: 57886,54959,58888,5676747 Send your query line PNR (pnr no.) to above numbers for checking PNR status.
Use IRCTC for ticket booking.[sticky tag: Original Source at bolmamabol]
Now you may also use HDFC / AXIS / SBI / Deutsche Bank / KVB (Karur Vysya Bank) VISA debit cards(only) for ticket booking through any of the credit card Payment Gateways (ICICI PG, HDFC PG, CITI PG).



One can Check the PNR status to confirm cancellation of your ticket.On failure of
cancellation of the ticket with repeated attempts please contact to IRCTC customer care immediately at 011-23340000 / 23345500 / 23344787 / 23344773 / 23345800 or email IRCTC at etickets[at]irctc{dot}co{dot}in.[sticky tag: Original Source at bolmamabol]
Cancellation procedure is also simple at IRCTC, I have booked ticket through IRCTC and just to check the cancellation process, I canceled my booked ticket and I got the refund credited back in my back account, that's fast and easy.
Well There are lot of help pages available at home page of site http://www.irctc.co.in with pictures and screen shots, helps for non-techie person also.
e-TICKET BOOKING Guide ON IRCTC site
Register as an individual. Registration is FREE.
Login by entering your user name and password.
The "Plan my travel and Book tickets" page appears.
Use help option for any help required to book tickets.
Select your train from the list that appears on the screen
If the From/To station selected by you are correctly in the route of the train then :
Select e-Ticket option.
The list of e-ticket trains will be highlighted
And here is one catch that I like to point out about IRCTC site; I registered to http://www.irctc.co.in verified my email address and booked my first ticket from the site. railway ticket booking
The next time I went to internet cafe to check the PNR status even though I was entering correct login and password The site was not allowing me to login, it was login failed. Later I discovered that I need to setup browser setting to get in. Means Have to enable Java script. check out how?

Enjoy Online ticket booking and Subh Dipavali. ngpay, indian railway ticket booking, indian railway, irctc, book train tickets