No more worries about the PF balances, lack of proper information on old PF balance transfers. the Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) had started good service to know your balance in PF.
How to Know your EPF balance online?
EPFO has provided a facility for employees to directly know their current EPF balances. Please visit below link to get your current PF balance information (as per the EPFO records) through an SMS on your mobile.
The ECR facility is available from April, 2012. All Employers who are covered under the Employees’ Provident Funds & Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1952 are required to register their establishments on EPFO website for filing the Electronic Challan cum Return (ECR) for wage month of March 2012 (payable in April 2012) onward.
- The ECR facility is intended to provide following benefits:
- No paper return to be prepared and submitted to EPFO
- No need to submit other returns viz., Form 5/10/12A, 3A and 6A Employers will get the confirmation of payment through SMS instantly
- The contribution will be credited to the members’ account on monthly basis Employers can view the annual accounts statement for accounting year 2011-12 online For earlier years employers can request for the annual statement through this portal
- The ECR facility is available for companies who are contributing to the statutory scheme run by EPFO as well as companies who are running in-house PF trusts
- Members can get the detailed account statements with all credit and debit on request through our website with effect from 1st May 2012 (after launching of Member e-Sewa).