MGIMS MBBS 2008 Announcement
MAHATMA GANDHI INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL SCIENCES
P.O. SEVAGRAM, WARDHA - 442102 (MAHARASTRA)
Also known as Sevagram Medical College.
check more details at http://www.mgims.ac.in/academics/undergraduate/admissions/index.jsp
ADMISSION NOTICE : MBBS COURSE for the Academic Year 2008-2009
Applications are invited on prescribed form for admission to MBBS course starting from 1st July 2008. The candidates shall be selected as per their merit in the Entrance Examination to be held on 20th April 2008 at Nagpur, Delhi, Hyderabad & Mumbai. Those who are going to appear in 10+2 Higher Secondary Board Examination in March / April 2008 are also eligible to appear in the competitive Entrance Examination.
IN THE ENTRANCE EXAMINATION THE PAPER OF PHYSICS, CHEMISTRY AND BIOLOGY WILL HAVE MULTIPLE CHOICE QUESTIONS, WHILE THAT ON GANDHIAN THOUGHT WILL BE OF ESSAY AND / OR SHORT ANSWER TYPE.
The Prospectus and Application Form with syllabus, question papers of Gandhian thought for the last 5 years, with model question papers of Physics Chemistry and Biology can be had from the office of the Dean by remitting a sum of Rs.1050/- (Rs.1000 + Rs.50 as postal charges) only by Money order in favour of the Dean, Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences, Sevagram, District Wardha - 442102 or by paying Rs.1000/- in cash at the college counter. Candidates should write their full address in capital letters and phone number on the "space for Communication and the space for sender's address on the money order form.
The Prospectus & Form will be available from 6th December 2007. The last date of receipt of filled up application with Entrance Examination fee of Rs.1500/- is 29th February, 2008 and with an additional late fee of Rs.100/- is 14th March, 2008.
Eligibility: The candidate must be born on or before 1st January, 1992. The Candidate must have passed 12th standard examination under 10+2 system of Maharashtra State Higher Secondary Education Board or equivalent examination of any recognised Board or any Indian University with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology individually in each subject in one and the same attempt. The candidate must have obtained minimum 50% marks (40% in the case of SC/ ST/ VJ/ NT/ OBC) taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
The admission is subject to any direction given by the Hon'ble Supreme Court of India, Hon'ble High Court of Bombay Bench, Nagpur, Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik and the Medical Council of India.
Note: The fee structure in MGIMS is as applicable to the Govt. Medical Colleges in Maharashtra State. The Institute does not have any paid seats. For getting the Prospectus and application form online visit website: www.mgims.ac.in
Admission to the MBBS course at MGIMS
Candidates seeking admission to M.B.B.S. course of this institute should send a money order for Rs. 1050/- to the Dean, Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences, Sevagram, Pin 442102, for the Prospectus and Application form . The same can be had from Admission Cell, Dean's Office by paying only Rs. 1000/- in cash. The cost of application form is same for all the candidates.
The application form complete in all respects can be submitted at the Dean's office or can be sent by registered post .
The application form should be accompanied with the following documents:
1. a demand draft worth Rs. 1500/- (Rs.1600/- if sent late) for examination fee drawn in favour of Kasturba Health Society payable at Sevagram/Wardha at any of the following banks : Payable at Wardha: Central Bank of India, Punjab National Bank, State Bank of India, Andhra Bank, Bank of Maharashtra, Allahabad Bank, Bank of India, Syndicate Bank, or Canara Bank. Payable at Sevagram: Central Bank of India
2. Application number, name and address of the candidate must be written on the reverse of the demand draft.
A candidate will be eligible for admission to First year M.B.B.S. course of this Institute on fulfillment of following conditions:
1.1 The candidate must be an Indian national. The candidate is required to produce proof in support of his/her nationality from an authority competent to issue such certificate e.g. District magistrate or metropolitan magistrate. A valid passport also shall be considered as a sufficient proof of nationality.
1.2 The candidate must attain 17 years of age on or before 31st December of the year of admission. The S.S.C. or equivalent Examination certificate clearly endorsing the date of birth will constitute valid proof of the date of birth of the candidate.
1.3 The candidate should be medically fit to undergo the professional course. He/She will have to undergo a medical examination at the time of admission.
1.4 The candidate must have passed 12th standard examination under 10+2 system of Maharashtra State Higher Secondary Education Board or an equivalent examination of any recognized Indian Board/University with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English individually as subjects. The candidate must have secured a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology and he/she should have passed Physics, Chemistry , Biology and English all in one & the same attempt.
1.5 Candidates belonging to Scheduled castes, Scheduled Tribes including V.J., N.T. and O.B.C should have obtained not less than 40% of total aggregate marks in Physics. Chemistry and Biology taken together in the qualifying examination. He/she must have passed Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English in one and the same attempt.
1.6 No rounding off of the marks obtained by the candidate in qualifying examination will be done, for example, if the percentage of marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together comes to 49.99 the candidate will not qualify for admission. Similarly a candidate of reserved category (B.C.) obtaining 39.99 percent in Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together, will not be considered eligible for admission.
1.7 The candidates who are appearing for qualifying examination i.e.12th standard in the March/April of year of the entrance test are also eligible to appear for the Entrance Test
1.8 Any point of dispute as regards admission/examination shall be subject to the jurisdiction of Wardha Court.
Distribution of Seats
I Open 9 9
II Rural 4 4
A. Scheduled castes (SC) 4 4
B. Scheduled tribes (ST) 2 2
C. Vimukta Jati (VJ) 1 1
D. Nomadic tribes (NT1)
(Before Jan 90 & equivalent castes) 1 1
E. Nomadic tribes 'C' (NT2)
(Dhangar & equivalent castes) 1 1
F. Nomadic tribes 'D' (NT3)
(Vanjari & equivalent castes) 1 -
G. Other backward classes 5 5
b) Physically handicapped 1 1
c) Kasturba Health Society 2 -
IV Government Nomination
A. Government of India - 4
B. Government of Maharashtra 2 -
TOTAL 33 32
30% seats are reserved for women candidates in Open, Rural, S.C., S.T., V.J., N.T. and OBC categories as per Govt. Resolution. If there is no eligible woman candidate available in any category then the seat will be filled by the eligible male candidate of the same category in the same session. There will be no carrying over of the seats to the next session.
1. 2 Seats are reserved for the nominees of Govt. of Maharashtra which are filled as per the directions given by the Maharashtra Government.
2. 4 Seats are reserved for Government of India Nominees. The selection of candidates is made by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare Govt. of India, Nirman Bhavan, New Delhi. Categories of students entitled to Govt. of India reserved seats and the authorities concerned as per the Govt. of India Notification no. D.O No U.140 14/1/2002 - ME - III are given below. Candidates should apply to the concerned authority in their respective States on plain paper and that authority in turn will forward the application to the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India, New Delhi. Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences, Sevagram shall not accept any Application for Government reservations.
CATEGORY As Per the Govt. of India notitification
Authority to whom the applications are to be sent
1. Students belonging to State/Union Territories
with no Medical/Dental College Health Secretary,
State / Union Territory Government
2. Wards of Defense Personnel Liaison Officer, Kendriya Sainik Board,
Ministry of Defense, West Block - IV ,
Wing No. 5, R.K.Puram.New Delhi 110066
3. Children of Para-military Personnel :
i) For CRPF/BSF etc.Personnel Ministry of Home Affairs, FP - I Section,
North Block New Delhi 110 001
ii) For SSB/R & AW/SFF/ARC Personnel Cabinet Secretariat,EA-II Section Bikaner
House (Annexe), Shahjahan road, New
Delhi- 110 011
4. Children of Indian staff serving in Indian
Mission abroad Ministry of External Affairs,
Welfare Cell Akbar Bhawan, Chanakyapuri,
New Delhi-110 021
5. For meeting diplomatic / Bilateral commitments. Ministry of External Affairs, Students Cell,
Akbar Bhawan, Chanakyapuri,
New Delhi-110 021
6. Tibetan Refugees Ministry of Human Resource Development,
Department of Education,UT-2 Section,A-2/W-4,
Curzon road Barracks, New Delhi 110 001
7. National Bravery Award winning children Indian Council for Child Welfare
4-Deen Dayal Upadhyay Marg,
New Delhi - 110 002.
A competitive entrance examination shall be conducted by the Institute at Delhi, Nagpur, Hyderabad and Mumbai centers generally on third Sunday of April
Due to unforeseen circumstances during the conduct of entrance examination like mass copying, leakage of question paper, entrance of unauthorized persons in the examination centres/halls, natural calamities, riots etc. rendering it impossible for the smooth conduct of the examination, the Competent Authority may cancel the examination as such or at all centre(s). It shall further notify fresh programme for the conduct of the Entrance Examination.
Candidates seeking admission to this Institute shall be required to appear in all subjects at the Entrance Examination.
Candidate can choose any of the above mentioned centres. However the centre will be allotted on first come first serve basis. In case there is no vacancy at a centre, other centre will be allotted with intimation to the candidate two weeks before the date of examination.
The competitive Entrance Examination shall consist of two papers :
Paper 1 will be common question paper in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry & Biology consisting of 60 multiple choice single response type questions in each subject. The candidate is expected to attempt all the 180 questions in the common answer sheet. Out of four circles provided for selection of answer against a question, the candidate should shade one circle only . Each correct answer will be given one mark. Marking 2 or more circles will be considered as wrong answer. Scratching , overwriting, tick marking will be considered as multiple marking and hence not valid. Duration of paper will be of 180 minutes. There will be no negative marking for wrong answers.
Paper 2 (The Gandhian thoughts) shall carry 60 marks and shall be of three hours duration. The questions will be of essay type and/or short answer questions and the paper may be answered either in English or Hindi. Only one 32 page answer sheet will provided for writing the answers and no supplementary answer sheet will be provided after that.
1. The general standard of the examination will be that of 12th standard examination for Physics, Chemistry and Biology as per CBSE and Maharashtra Board.
2. .Gandhian Thought Paper will be on the topics as per the syllabus
The following books are the reference books for the paper on Gandhian Thought.
1. Gandhiji’s Autobiography (Abridged) (Translated from Gujarati by Mahadeo Desai)
2. The Constructive Programme
3. Key to Health
4. Mangal Prabhat (From Yerwada Mandir)
5. Bapu katha - by Haribhau Upadhyay (1920-48)
6. Gandhi, A Life by Krishna Kriplani
Determination of Merit
Merit shall be determined on the basis of aggregate marks obtained by the Candidate in the Entrance Examination in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Gandhian Thought.
The candidates should obtain at least 40% marks in paper II ( Gandhian Thought ) of the competitive Entrance Examination to be eligible for consideration in merit.
The candidate must secure not less than 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together in the Competitive entrance Examination.
In respect of candidates belonging to Scheduled caste, Scheduled Tribes ( including V.J. and N.T.) and Other Backward classes the marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together at competitive Entrance Examination should not be less than 40%.
No rounding off of the marks obtained in the competitive entrance examination, in individual subject or final total will be done. For example if the percentage of marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together, come to 49.99% the candidate will not qualify for admission. Similarly a candidate of reserved category ( B.C ) obtaining 39.99 percent in Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together, will also not be considered eligible for admission.
There is no provision of re-evaluation of answer sheets.
Procedure for Selection
The result is expected to be announced by the 2nd week of June .
The complete merit list of all the eligible candidates will be prepared category wise and selection will be made strictly on the basis of merit within each category.
Merit list containing 3 times the number of seats in each category in the Entrance Examination will be displayed on the Notice Board of the Institute and will also be published in some National dailies. It will also be available on Internet at our website www.mgims.ac.in after declaration of the result.
The selected candidates shall be informed of the date of verification of certificates telegraphically followed by a detailed letter. The candidate must report by 5 P.M. on the given date. No extension of date & time will be granted when called for admission or verification of certificates. The candidate must produce following original certificates along with 3 sets of attested photocopies of all the certificates at the time of verification of certificates:
1. S.S.C.(or equivalent) passing certificate
2. S.S.C.(or equivalent) statement of marks
3. H.S.C.(12th Standard) examination mark sheet
4. Attempt certificate showing that the candidate has passed the qualifying examination in one and same attempt
5. Nationality certificate / valid Indian passport. If a nationality Certificate or passports not available, then domicile certificate and birth certificate should be produced.
6. Transfer or College leaving certificate from the college last attended.
7. Migration Certificate from the Board should be produced by candidates who have not passed 12th std. or equivalent from Maharashtra State Board.
8. Migration Certificate from the University last attended.
The following certificates are essential to support the reservation claim failing which the claim will not be granted:-
1. Caste Certificate: The candidates claiming reservation of caste under Scheduled castes/Scheduled tribes/ Vimukta Jati/ Nomadic Tribes 1,2 or 3/ Other Backward Classes/SBC should produce a caste certificate.
Caste Validity Certificate :- Caste Validity certificate from the Caste Certificate Scrutiny Committee or letter to the effect that caste certificate verification is pending with the Scrutiny Committee should be issued by the Divisional / District Social Welfare Officer of the division / district from where the caste certificate has been issued. The Caste Validity Certificate should mention. That the caste claim is found to be correct and the caste certificate issued by the competent authority is found to be VALID.
This certificate should be duly signed with round official Seal.
Non Creamy Layer Certificate: An applicant claiming benefit of reservation under the categories VJ, NT-1, NT-2, NT3, OBC/SBC shall be required to submit a certificate in the name of parents from the Executive Magistrate (as per Govt.G.R. NO.CBC 1094/CR-86/BCW-V dated 16/6/1994) that he/She does not belong to creamy layer. The certificate should be latest i.e. of the year when admission is sought this institute.
3. Rural Certificates: Candidates claiming the benefit of rural area reservation should produce Rural Claim Certificates and a copy of latest Voter's list showing the names of the parents and village of residence.
4. Physically handicapped Certificate: A candidate claiming reservation as Physically Handicapped should produce a certificate to this effect. A person with disability means a person suffering from not less than 40% of any disability and which does not exceed 60% certified by Medical Board comprising of at least one Expert/Specialist from the specialty of Orthopaedics of a Central Government Hospital/ Medical Institution in Delhi & Union Territories or from State Medical Boards in the States and obtain a valid disability certificate from the Medical Board having been issued within three months prior to presenting his application for seeking admission in any medical course by claiming the benefit of reservation.
Persons who are visually handicapped, hearing disabled and locomotary disabled involving upper limb are not eligible to apply for M.B.B.S. Course.
The candidates who have taken admission elsewhere should bring the bonafide letter from the Principal mentioning the original certificates retained by that institution. However, the candidate must produce the attested photocopies of all original certificates.
After ascertaining the eligibility the candidate will be sent for medical examination by a medical examination board set up by the institute for this purpose. Any candidate found medically unfit shall not be admitted to this Institute.
No application for migration to other medical colleges will be entertained from the students once admitted to this Institute.
All admitted candidates shall join the college with effect from 15th July.
Fees and Security Deposits
1. Payable at the time of admission
Admission Fee Rs. 1000/-
Institute Caution Money Rs. 1000/-
Library Deposit Rs. 1000/-
Hostel Caution Money Rs. 1500/-
Mess Deposit Rs. 1000/-
Orientation & Social service camp fee Rs. 1500/-
MGIMS News Bulletin fee Rs. 100/-
University Enrolment and Eligibility Fee as per University
2. Payable annually
Sports and games fee Rs. 200/-
Health Insurance fee Rs. 150/-
Students’ Council subscription Rs. 100/-
Students’ Medical Aid fund Rs. 2/-
Students' Welfare fund Rs. 10/-
Library fee Rs. 75/-
College Magazine Rs. 60/-
Ashwamedh fee Rs. 30/-
NSS Rs. 10/-
3. Payable at the beginning of each semester /6 monthly
Tuition & Practical Fee Rs. 9000/-
Hostel room rent including electricit water and development charges Rs. 3500/-
Recreation Rs. 30/-
MESS advance Rs 4500 for girls and Rs. 5400 for boys.
The selected candidates will have to deposit security money at the time of their admission in the following order :
1. The amount of Rs.12000/- in cash is to be deposited as security money, which will be refundable on successful completion of prescribed internship training along with simple interest to be calculated on the security money deposited at the rate applicable to the nationalized bank saving account from time to time. In case the student leaves the institute after admission without completing M.B.B.S. course the security money will be forfeited.
2. The amount of Rs. 15000 / - ( Rs.10000 / - in case of S.C., S.T., V.J., N.T.) in cash is to be deposited as a security deposit by the students admitted, which will be refunded with simple interest to be calculated on the security money deposited at the rate those applicable to the nationalized bank saving account from time to time on production of a certificate of service in rural area for 2 years after completion of internship.
3. Original receipts of deposits should be produced for claiming the refund.
MGIMS MBBS 2008 Announcement
- ► 2010 (589)
- ► 2009 (787)
- BITSAT Online Tests Results 2008 best seen at bits...
- Shivaji University Result 2008 | General B.Tech Me...
- Icai CA Final And CPT Results at www.icai.org | Ch...
- Madras University Results 2008 | Best seen at www....
- Links TO Bundelkhand University | Kanpur Universit...
- johntv | johntv.com john tv
- Best Older Science Fiction Movies
- Russian Super Model Ruslana Korshunova Photos
- pgecet2008 | edcet 2008 results, edcet results
- SSLC Supplementary Results 2008 best seen at kseeb...
- Earthquake In Chennai
- GGU - GURU GHASIDAS UNIVERSITY RESULTS 2008 | www....
- Master of Business Economics (MBE) bbe results www...
- CUSAT Results CAT 2008 Decleard best seen at www.c...
- Maharashtra Public Service Commission | MPSC Resul...
- Delhi University First Cut off List | du cut off l...
- Ssc Result | mahresult.nic.in | s.s.c result 2008 ...
- Utkal University Results 2008 Update
- Ssc Results maharashtra | 10th Results Maharashtra...
- inter results | intermediate supplementary results...
- anna university rank list at www.annauniv.edu/tnea...
- caajayjain | ajay jain classes | Classes sechedule...
- Calicut University Bcom Degree Results 2008 at www...
- Board Of Secondary Education Orissa HSC Results 20...
- Cet Delhi Results Are out 2008 | cetdelhi.nic.in
- Hyderabad FM Radio online
- BHARATHIDASAN UNIVERSITY TIRUCHIRAPPALLI Results a...
- All About College of Engineering, Pune (COEP) | Re...
- Pune University Result Mkcl Degree Results
- Calicut University Exam Results 2008
- HSCAP 2008 RESULTS at www.hscap.kerala.gov.in
- PTC GUJARAT ADMISSION RESULTS 2008 - 2009 www.ptcg...
- HSCAP 2008 RESULTS KERELA DHSE at www.hscap.kerala...
- Baba Farid University Results at www.babafariduniv...
- slc result 2064 best seen at www.slc.ntc.net.np
- Check your MP PET 2008 Solution here | www.masterm...
- Guru Jambheshwar University Results seen at www.gj...
- PtcGujarat ADMISSION RESULTS 2008 best seen at www...
- hajcommittee | Haj Committee of India http://www.h...
- Vyavsayik Pariksha Parishad Uttar Pradesh ITI Resu...
- BANARAS HINDU UNIVERSITY Results | BHU PMT/PAT | B...
- Uttar Pradesh Techincal University Lucknow Results...
- Veteran actor Chandrakant Gokhale dead
- Bharathiar University Results 2008
- Veer Narmad South Gujarat University -vnsgu Result...
- Solapur University Shivaji university Results
- ONGC India hire Freshers Graduate Trainees 2008 - ...
- Haryana State Counseling Society Counseling regist...
- bvp - Bharati Vidyapeeth University Pune Results s...
- University Examination Result of BCA - III Sem. & ...
- BCECE PGMAT 2008 Results - bihar boards announces ...
- vtu exams postponed or not news update from deccan...
- mg university bcom results 2008 seen at www.mguniv...
- Dena Bank 550 job vacancies across India
- Karnataka Diploma Results 2008 best seen at www.sh...
- Punjab Technical University CET 2008 Results Best ...
- At last Results of Delhi College Of Engineering DC...
- Jamia Millia Islamia universitsy Results at www.jm...
- Bharati Vidyapeeth University Pune results and exa...
- Maharashtra Middle and High School Scholarship Res...
- TYBA Results 2008 | Mumbai University Results | ww...
- Maharashtra HSS and MSS Examination Result 2008
- Bihar Polytechnic Results 2008 best seen at www.bc...
- Orissa Diploma Entrance Test - DET Result 2008
- Orissa Diploma entrance Results - DET 2008 at www...
- Rajasthan Pre engineering Test - RPET 2008
- AMUPMDC | ASSO-CET 2008 results | online www.amupm...
- Rpmt Rajasthan Pre-Medical - RUHS Jaipur Test Resu...
- Delhi College Of Engineering DCE CEE NSIT 2008 Res...
- mht cet result 2008 www.dmer.org and www.dte.org.i...
- det 2008 haryana polytechnic result best seen at w...
- Kurukshetra University Examination Results 2008 at...
- B.Ed. CET 2008 Pune Results seen at www.admissions...
- Mumbai Online application process for FY at www.mu...
- Sevagram Medical College admission notice at www.m...
- Result of MH-CET-2008/MHT-CET-2008/ASSO-CET-2008 M...
- upmt results 2008 best seen at gov.ua.nic.in/upmt
- Orissa SAMBALPUR UNIVERSITY +3 second year results...
- UNIVERSITY OF ALLAHABAD degree Results 2008
- india vs bangladesh cricket scores | live cricket ...
- Ranchi University Results 2008 at ranchiuniversity...
- DIBRUGARH UNIVERSITY RESULTS OF CEE, 2008 www.cee...
- wbjee 2008 results best seen at www.wbjeeb.in
- CSJM University, Kanpur Universitsy results 2008 a...
- Rajasthan University Results 2008
- Pre-Polytechnic Test (PPT) Result 2008
- orissa examination results 2008
- wbjee 2008 results
- RBI Hikes repo rate by 25bps to 8%
- Politician Salaries... Very Important....for any R...
- Tripura Board of Secondary Education HS +2 Stage r...
- orissa jee results 2008 best seen at www.jeeorissa...
- india vs pakistan | cricket scores | live cricket ...
- Rajasthan Examination Results Arts 2008
- Indian IT growth to slow down by 3-4%: Nasscom
- BAMU University Degree Results bamu.net | Marathwa...
- National Institute of Open School - NIOS Results b...
- TYBSC Results declared | Mumbai University Results...
- Gauhati University Results 2008 seen at gauhati.ac...
- MP board 10th result 2008
- www.malayalam.kerala.gov.in Malayalam computing ca...
- Results Today, MBOSE SSLCE exam 2008 and Orissa 2 ...
- IP University Results 2008
- CBSE all India PMT PDT Results 2008
- osmania university degree results best seen at osm...
- HSSC Result 2008 - Pune best seen at www.msbshse.a...
- Sarkar Raj Review, Rating, Comments
- How to Get Original Drivers For Your Dell Laptop o...
- World's Biggest Restaurant is in Syria
- The big picture
- The first hot-air balloon
- I lodged complaint at Online Public Grievance Lodg...
- World Environment Day 2008
- Air India hikes fares as ATF prices go up
- Sameer Mishra
- ▼ June (115)