Ranchi: Geeta Koda, the wife of graft-tainted former chief minister Madhu Koda on Wednesday won the Assembly election from Jagganthpur constituency defeating Bharatiya Janata Party's (BJP) Sonaram Biruwa.
A total of 25,41,042 voters are eligible to exercise their franchise in Hazaribagh, Dhanwar, Bagodar, Jamua, Bermo, Bokaro, Chandankiari, Shikaripara, Dumka, Jama and Jarmundi constituencies.
jharkhand election result 2009, jharkhand news, jharkhand, jharkhand news in hindi highlights
Jharkhand Assembly polls results:
- Geeta Koda, wife of former CM Madhu Koda, wins from Jaganathpur;
- Enos Ekka defeats Mahendra Bhagat (BJP) from Kolebera;
- JD(U) state president Jaleshwar Mahto loses to JVM-P Dullu Mahto in Baghmara;
- Nalin Soren (JMM) defeats Paritosh Soren (JVM-P) in Shikaripara;
- Deepak Bira (JMM) wins Chaibasa seat by defeating Bagun Sumbrui (Congress)
View complete election results online form TOI.
Official Website of Jharkhand.......................
jharkhand election result, jharkhand elections 2009, jharkhand election results, jharkhand election result 2009, jharkhand election